METHODIST CHAPEL CEMETERY
5301 Churchman Avenue, Franklin Township, Marion County Indiana
This cemetery, also known as Methodist Episcopal Cemetery, sits on a small hill behind the Beech Grove Administration building, overlooking the railroad shops and yard. The cemetery was part of the Methodist Wesley Chapel, also called the Methodist Episcopal Church, which was organized in 1838. The church was closed by the 1880’s. The known burials were between 1848 and 1909. It is maintained by the Franklin Township Trustee. The cemeteries of Franklin Township were surveyed by the Franklin Township Historical Society in 1999. These readings were published in a book, titled “Called Home: The Pioneer Cemeteries of Franklin Township.” A copy is available at the GSMC library. GSMC publication “Readings of various Cemeteries in Franklin Township” also has a burial list compiled by J. Eugene Reilly in February 1945. We have used this reading for the burials entered here. (from: Genealogical Society of Marion County) (MORE)
Charlie BowserDied: 9-19-18641y 11m 3d
Categories: Methodist Chapel
Updated 3 years ago.